This cheesy bread makes a great side to winter’s soups and stews or toasted with butter for breakfast or a snack.
By Katherine Sacks
Apple-Gouda Quick Bread
This cheesy bread makes a great side to winter's soups and stews or toasted with butter for breakfast or a snack.
Author: Katherine Sacks
Recipe Type: Baking
Serves: 1 loaf
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ½ cup yogurt
- ? cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 cup, plus 3 tablespoons gouda, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×4 loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the apple cider, yogurt, oil, egg, and sugar until well blended.
- Add in the grated apple and the flour mixture. Stir in the 1 cup of gouda in three additions.
- Evenly pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Cool, slice, and serve.