Rather than drinking a Aperol spritz cocktail with Prosecco, try this granita for a fun dessert and drink all in one.
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Aperol
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Combine juices, water, and sugar in a heavy saucepan and set over high heat.
- Stir until the mixture until all the sugar is dissolved, and bring to a slow boil.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the Aperol and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a shallow pan and place in the freezer.
- Scrape the frozen mixture with a fork once every hour or so to break it up into smaller crystals.
- The granita will take about 4-5 hours to freeze. After it is completely frozen, transfer to a container with a tight fitting lid.
- Category: Dolci, Drink