Perfect on their own or thrown into some party mix, these nuts pack lots of smokey flavor in each bite.
By Carolyng Gomes
- 1 lb whole jumbo cashews
- ¼ tbsp sea salt
- ¼ tbsp GOYA adobo
- 1 tsp ancho chile, ground
- ½ tsp chipotle, ground
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl beat egg white until soft peaks form. Fold in cashews. Add sea salt, ancho chile, chipotle, garlic, adobo and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour cashews on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, stirring nuts after 12 minutes.
- Allow cashews to cool completely before serving.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.