If you haven’t already, it’s time to get in the summer spirit with amaro. The Italian liqueur adds the perfect bitter-sweet to your sips.
Barrel-aged for 12 months, we chose to feature the Amaro Donna Rosa in this cocktail. It’s infused with roots and herbs and brings notes of flowers, rhubarb, and warm vanilla, all perfect flavors for this drink.
Let’s cheers to summer with this sweet, sour, bitter and spritzy cocktail!
Amaro Grapefruit Sparkler
- 1 part Grapefruit Juice
- 1 part Honey or Simple Syrup or more to taste
- 1 part Vodka we used a naturaylly infused grapefruit vodka, but plain to great too
- 3/4 part Amaro Donna Rosa
- a splash of Sparkling Rosé or Prosecco about 1/2 part
- Fresh Basil
- Crushed ice
- Shake or stir together the grapefruit juice, honey or simple syrup, vodka, and Amaro.
- Pour into a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Top with a splash of sparkling Rosé or Prosecco and top with a fresh basil leaf.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.