Robin Runner serves up a delicious almond and pear tart with caramel drizzle.
By Robin Runner
- 1½ cups of raw almonds
- ½ cup of white sugar
- Turbinado sugar or regular sugar for dusting
- ⅓ cup of all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur’s)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of almond milk (vanilla flavored)
- 3 large pears, cored and peeled
- Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- Spray your tart pan with the removable bottom with baking/flour spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, blender or Vitamix, combine almonds and sugar together and blend until it resembles flour. Add the flour and salt and blend again. To a smaller bowl, add butter, milk and eggs. Whisk and then pour into the flour mixture. Blend again.
- Thinly slice your pears and drizzle a bit of lemon juice over top to prevent browning.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan.
- Lay the pears over the top of the mixture in a fan pattern.
- Place the tart pan on a cookie sheet and then into the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove and let cool.
- Optional: top with caramel sauce.
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.