For me, this is the perfect dessert! Both elegant and simple.
- 4 oz (120 g) good quality semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 g) butter
- 2 tbsp strong coffee
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) whiskey
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp (60 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy whipping cream
- whipped cream
- cocoa powder
- chocolate shavings
- Melt chocolate with butter and coffee in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in whiskey.
- Whisk egg yolks with 2 tbsp sugar in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, just to cook them slightly, until they become foamy. Combine them with chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in 2 tbsp sugar. Add gently to the previous mixture.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form and add to the mixture. Combine well and divide among serving glasses. Refrigerate.
- Garnish and serve chilled.