The pulp of a ripe fruit is extracted usually by hand or nowadays in blender and consumed along with chapati. At times ghee and milk are added to the pulp to enhance its flavor. Now sugar is also added to adjust the sweetness.
By Anita Mokashi
The Ratnagiri region of Western India is the largest producer and exporter in India of the Mango fruit. Aamras is the pulp of the tropical fruit Mango eaten in central India especially the state of Maharashtra.
- 2 mangoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Wash the mangoes.
- Peel and cut into small pieces.
- Add sugar, milk, water and mango pieces in a blender.
- Add kesar and mix well,
- Serve the beverage cold with chapati or paratha.
- You can serve this dish as a dessert after your dinner or lunch.
- Enjoy delicious Mango Aamras!!!!