These cookies are the perfect combination of flavors… sea salt, velvety Nutella and crunchy peanut butter.
By Robin Runner
These cookies are the perfect combination of flavors… sea salt, velvety Nutella and crunchy peanut butter. Hello my lovely! I also used a really healthy nut-packed, flax seed packed peanut butter for extra healthy fats.
- 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter (I used Nutzo brand but any crunchy nut butter would work)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed meal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Optional: Nutella OR Jelly
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment or Silpats. Set aside. In your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, blend the peanut butter, sugars, egg, meal and extract. The batter will be crumbly and oily (depending on the nut butter you use). Using a small scoop, place the cookie dough balls on your baking sheet leaving about ½ inch apart. Then with the bottom of a glass flatten out each cookie to about ½ inch thick or so. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. This part is important to let the cookie set up. Then using something to make the indentation (I used the handle dowel from a wooden spoon). Then spoon in your filling. Nutella or jam work great. Then sprinkle the Nutella filling with a dash of sea salt. I did half and half. I figured my husband would love the PB&J option and my kids would love the Nutella option. Let cool for 10 minutes then enjoy!
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.