Easy, delicious and a great way to use up your eggplant. This is one recipe that will not disappoint.
By Soni Sinha
Growing up I was never fond of Eggplants and this was the only preparation that I enjoyed. And even after so many years its one of the few eggplant dishes that I still like. Its super easy and just involves adding turmeric, salt and red chili on the sliced eggplant and then roasting it in a preheated oven until all golden. You can serve this alongside some lentils and rice for an easy meal. I also ate some for my lunch with lettuce! So Yum!
- Medium Eggplants-4
- Turmeric-2 tsp
- Red Chili/cayenne-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-2-3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 440 degrees.
- Slice your Eggplants through the middle.
- Mix Turmeric,salt and red chili in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixture on to your eggplants generously.
- Grease a baking sheet and place the Eggplants skin size down.
- Drizzle about 2 tbsp of oil all over and bake in the oven until all golden for about 20-25 mins.Keep an eye making sure to not burn!
- Serve warm!
Soni is a recipe developer, food writer/blogger who creates recipes with a healthy Indian twist. She is a passionate cook and her recipes cater to readers who are are willing to try contemporary Indian flavors in wide ranging fusion dishes that she creates.She shares all her cooking adventures on her blog Soni's Food.