Easy, delicious and a great way to use up your eggplant. This is one recipe that will not disappoint.
By Soni Sinha
Growing up I was never fond of Eggplants and this was the only preparation that I enjoyed. And even after so many years its one of the few eggplant dishes that I still like. Its super easy and just involves adding turmeric, salt and red chili on the sliced eggplant and then roasting it in a preheated oven until all golden. You can serve this alongside some lentils and rice for an easy meal. I also ate some for my lunch with lettuce! So Yum!
- Medium Eggplants-4
- Turmeric-2 tsp
- Red Chili/cayenne-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-2-3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 440 degrees.
- Slice your Eggplants through the middle.
- Mix Turmeric,salt and red chili in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixture on to your eggplants generously.
- Grease a baking sheet and place the Eggplants skin size down.
- Drizzle about 2 tbsp of oil all over and bake in the oven until all golden for about 20-25 mins.Keep an eye making sure to not burn!
- Serve warm!