Put two of our favorite desserts together? You don’t have to tell us twice. Here’s how to make ice cream sandwiches with the chewy marshmallow rice krispie treats.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 oz or 4 cups mini-marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or other mix-in (sprinkles, nuts, candy, cookie pieces)
- 1/2 gallon of ice cream (The hard/higher-quality ice cream that you use, the easier it will be to cut out shapes that perfectly fit your sandwiches. Lower-quality ice creams are often softer.)
- Any mix-ins like caramel or cookie pieces to take your ice cream to the next level.
- Melt marshmallows and butter in the microwave or on the stove over low heat and stir to combine.
- Stir in cereal and chocolate chips.
- Press into a lined and greased sheet pan and chill until set.
- Meanwhile, press ice cream into a lined pan of similar depth. Re-freeze until solid.
- Cut out rice krispies into desired shape. Repeat with ice cream, but make the cuts a few centimeters smaller so the ice cream can fit within the sandwich perimeter.
- Assemble, roll in sprinkles, dip in chocolate, and enjoy!
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. We strive to create an inspiring place for culinary exploration, salivating recipes, interesting personalities and stories.