Sip something fun this summer and relax with Portugal’s Casal Garcia wines. Fun enough for a gathering and versatile enough to pair with easy patio meals.
This pink, fruity cocktail is made with a mint-infused honey syrup, gin, pomegranate juice, fresh fruit and topped with a sparkling rosé. A perfect summer refresher.
This Pomegranate and Raspberry Rosé Cocktail is made with mint-infused honey simple syrup, gin, pomegranate juice, and sparkling rosé. It is served with fresh raspberries, pomegranate seeds, and mint. It is such an impressive cocktail for any summer gathering.
In about two weeks I will be travelling to Chicago to visit my best friend, Ceren. This time we are having a Sunday brunch with a bunch of girlfriends. I was given the assignment to create a mild and girly cocktail recipe that we can serve during the brunch. She made sure to let me know that she does not want a mimosa. So I thought, why not come up with something a little over the top. If you think about it, what is girlier than a pink drink filled with whole summer fruits, served in coupe glasses, and topped off with sparkling rosé?
To make it, I first made simple syrup. Instead of using sugar, I used local honey with blossom orange flavor. As it was cooling on the counter, I stirred in a bunch of fresh mint leaves to enhance its flavor with mint. Once it cooled down, I mixed it up with some gin, (unsweetened) pomegranate and fresh lime juice. I placed some whole raspberries and pomegranate seeds in coupe glasses and poured the cocktail over halfway through the glasses. Then I topped it off with Casal Garcia’s Sparkling Rosé. I choose this sparkling wine as it has such a mild flavor that compliments the rest of the cocktail without taking over the whole drink. Also, it is so SO delicious even if you drink it just by itself.
In the recipe below, you will see that I started with a half a cup of simple syrup as I thought that 1 cup made it too sweet. Therefore, I recommend starting with a half cup and giving it a taste before you add more. Also, before adding more keep in mind that you will have sweet fresh fruit in the cocktail as well. So adjust it based on your sweetness preference.
Celebrate summer with a refreshing poke bowl video recipe that pairs perfectly with Casal Garcia’s crisp wines.
- 1 cup honey
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh mint, rinsed and leaves torn – plus more as garnish
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ cup gin
- ½ cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- Juice of a fresh lime
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Casal Garcia Sparkling Rosé
- To make the mint infused honey simple syrup: Place honey and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Bring it to a boil; making sure that the honey dissolves completely. Off the heat, stir in the mint leaves and let it cool completely. When cooled, fish out the mint leaves from the simple syrup and set aside.
- To make the cocktail: Place ½ cup of the simple syrup, ice, gin, pomegranate juice, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Close the shaker and mix well to combine. Taste for sweetness and add the rest of the simple syrup, if you prefer it to be sweeter. If not, reserve it for another use.
- Divide the raspberries and pomegranate seeds in between 4 cocktail glasses. Strain the cocktail mixture over the fruit. Top it off with Casal Garcia Sparkling Rose. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.