These are not your usual spring rolls. Crispy and delightful for a party, these rolls are filled with paneer, a ginger-garlic paste and sriracha.
Appetizers are my favorite part of a party. Small bites and conversations with a glass of wine is my idea of an evening well spent. If you’re with me then you’re going to love my easy appetizer today. These Spring Rolls are ready in no time. But these are not your average spring rolls. These have a surprise filling inside using Paneer. Yes…paneer. And wait till you hear about the flavors in the paneer.
Sriracha is my all-time favorite condiment and I use it on anything and everything! When I thought of using paneer Sriracha just automatically came to me since I was thinking of an Indo-Oriental flavor combo. The flavors work really well and that kick from the Sriracha is my favorite part of this dish. If you don’t like paneer then Tofu would be a good substitute.
The filling is just sautéed paneer with some onions and green peppers along with sriracha and soy sauce. Store bought Spring/Egg roll wrappers are all you need to stuff the filling in. Just roll them and refrigerate until needed. Deep fry to a crisp golden just before serving. In these cold days anything that’s warm and crispy sounds so appetizing-don’t you agree? This appetizer is sure to please your guests so make a big batch since they will disappear in no time! A tad different from your average spring rolls these paneer stuffed beauties are a tasty treat.
- 250 gms paneer grated
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 1 large green pepper diced into small pieces
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp white pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil+more to deep fry
- 1 pkt spring roll/egg roll wrappers
- In a skillet heat the oil and saute onions until translucent.Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.With the heat on high add the peppers, soy sauce,sriracha and cook for another minute.Add the grated paneer and mix well.Add salt and white pepper.Check the seasonings.Add more sriracha if preferred.Fill each spring roll wrapper with about 2-3 tsp of the filling and roll as shown in the pic.Seal the edges with water.
- In a deep skillet heat oil on medium and deep fry the rolls until cooked on the inside and crisp golden on the outside.Serve hot with sriracha ketchup (equal amounts of sriracha and ketchup).