PARTNER POST: Get ready to feed a holiday crowd with appetizer recipes paired perfectly with food-friendly Cavit wines.
Comforting and layered with a multitude of flavors, this warm ham and cheese spinach dip is the ultimate holiday appetizer to feed your grazing guests. Pair with a one of the suggested wines and you are set for success.
When it comes to holidays, we tend to do things a little differently. We love to make some traditional recipes, but then we also really love to just munch on snacks. So more often than not, our main dish isn’t just one dish. We typically have a whole lot of our favorite appetizers spread out throughout the kitchen and dining area for everyone to just snack on all day long. It keeps things low key and mellow, which is what I like. One recipe we like to make is this Ham and Cheese Hot Spinach Dip, it is PHENOMENAL.
I have to tell you, there aren’t many things that make my hubs stop in his tracks to just take some time to savor the flavors in a recipe. This one did though and it was hard to walk away.
We made sure to pair it with some fabulous wine from Cavit. Hailing from northern Italy, these Trentino wines are crafted with quality and the perfect addition to our holiday spread. This one is Select Red Blend.
I’m telling you, this was really addictive. I honestly was really sad when the pan emptied out. This family was not messing around- it was gone before it completely cooled.
For another easy holiday appetizer, try these trout bites. Recipe here.
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1-1/2 cups diced ham
- 3-4 tbsp dried minced onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a small cast iron skillet with cooking spray- set aside
- In a mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except ham & spinach & mix well until fully combined into one large cheese ball
- Fold in ham & spinach & transfer to prepared skillet
- Bake 20-50 minutes & then broil for an additional 5-7 minutes or until deep golden & bubbly
- Serve with crostini or crackers