Pureed sweet potatoes with ginger, lime, coconut milk and curry paste create a silky-smooth, perfectly balanced bowl of soup that is truly swoon-worthy.
It happens every few months (weeks) where all I want to eat is soup. Huge, piping hot bowls filled with veggies, beans, meat, uber-flavorful stock, spices and herbs. There’s just… nothing better on a chilly fall day. Or in the middle of summer. I don’t judge.
But in this case, it’s the chilly fall option, and I’m okay with it. I love fall food, but I also just love fall things. Campfires (outdoor or indoor), the smell of leaves burning next door, apple and pumpkin picking, flannel shirts, slippers.
Today’s variety is kinda unique, and I absolutely adore it. It’s pureed sweet potatoes, ginger, lime, coconut milk and curry paste with just a hint of spice. The flavors are perfectly balanced, and it’s just so very smooth. The silkiness alone is reason to eat bowl after bowl of this soup. And it certainly doesn’t hurt to be a beautiful soup, either. Swoon.
For more stunning fall and winter recipes, click here.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3- inch piece fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 2-3 Tbsp. green or red curry paste
- 4 medium sweet potatoes cooked and peeled
- 1 ½-2 tsp. coarse salt
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- Zest and juice of 2 medium limes
- 1 ½ tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 15 oz. can coconut milk
- Pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Fresh cilantro leaves and coconut flakes for garnish
- In a Dutch oven or stock pot, heat oil to medium-high. Add garlic and ginger and saute 30-60 seconds, until fragrant. Add curry paste and stir. Add sweet potatoes. Whisk in stock, and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook 12-15 minutes. Puree, until smooth, with an immersion blender.
- Whisk in lime zest and juice, sugar, coconut milk and cayenne (if using). Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve with cilantro and coconut flakes.
I'm Julie - The Gourmet RD - A recipe developer, food photographer, food writer/blogger, chef and registered dietitian. I make healthy food sexy and craveable! Simple, wholesome, delicious recipes from my kitchen to yours.