A bourbon infused cinnamon latte to satisfy both your afternoon pick-me-up and happy hour cravings.
This recipe is adapted from a delicious drink made at the cute lower east side cafe Berkli Parc. Luckily, it is easy to recreate at home. If you do not have an espresso machine, instant espresso powder will do the trick. I recommend the Medaglia d’Oro brand. Making frothed milk is also far simpler than it sounds. I purchased the bodum milk frother and found that it works great! If you’re not quite ready to make the investment, The Kitchn also offers some directions on how to froth milk simply by using a mason jar.
- 2 tsps instant espresso powder
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbls bourbon
- ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Drop 1 tsp of instant espresso powder into two separate mugs.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan on medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place milk frother into milk and stir until the milk has doubled in size and produces foam.
- Evenly pour the hot milk into the two mugs.
- Use a large spoon to withhold the foam from going into the mugs (you will want to save this and top the drinks with it when finished).
- Drop 1 tbls of bourbon into each of the mugs.
- Stir until espresso powder has dissolved.
- Spoon frothed milk on top of the lattes and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Justine is a lover of treats and all things creative. She is the blogger behind Pretty in Pistachio, a blog dedicated to cooking, crafting, and entertaining. Her inspiration comes from the styles and flavors of New York City, the city she calls home. When not whipping up a sweet new recipe in her pint sized kitchen, she can be found roaming the cobblestone streets for quaint coffee shops and new brunch spots.