This delicious salad is probably best described as “summer in a bowl”.
By Shuchi Mittal
What is there not to love about raspberries. They are red, juicy, slightly tangy, work well with drinks and food alike and most of all, they bring on the much awaited crisp blue summer days! Everything from raspberry pies to cocktails are personal favorites of mine, so how could I not toss up a salad with them. This quick simple recipe was a a rather welcome start to the freshness of summer.
- 50 gm mesclun mix (or any green leaves)
- ½ cup red or green cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup diced red apple
- ½ cucumber, cut into slices
- ½ red pepper, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons gouda cheese, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup ripe raspberries
- 5-6 walnuts, broken into pieces
- (You can add any veggies you fancy i.e. carrots, beetroot)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4-5 ripe raspberries, mulled/crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Make sure the raspberries are mulled well so as to blend with the dressing.
- Pour over the salad ingredients, toss lightly and serve immediately.