This summery power granola helps you start and finish your day strong, while helping you end it on a relaxing, rewarding note.
By Carolyng Gomes
All together, this mix has everything I need (protein, fiber and a touch of sweetness) without the things that I am trying to avoid (sugary dried fruits and calorie rich milk chocolate). The only thing I would consider adding to this is dark chocolate chips for their antioxidant aid and to add some creaminess to the mix. Otherwise, this is a go-to granola great on its own, in a bar or as part of a crumble.
- 4 cups oats, old-fashioned
- ½ cup pepitas, pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup agave
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl combine oats, pepitas, almonds and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix agave, coconut oil (liquid- heat up in microwave for a few seconds), vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour agave mixture over oats.
- Toss and stir oats until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer oat mixture to a lipped baking sheet.
- Back for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until oats are golden brown, nuts are toasted and granola is sweetly fragrant.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.