This summery power granola helps you start and finish your day strong, while helping you end it on a relaxing, rewarding note.
By Carolyng Gomes
All together, this mix has everything I need (protein, fiber and a touch of sweetness) without the things that I am trying to avoid (sugary dried fruits and calorie rich milk chocolate). The only thing I would consider adding to this is dark chocolate chips for their antioxidant aid and to add some creaminess to the mix. Otherwise, this is a go-to granola great on its own, in a bar or as part of a crumble.
- 4 cups oats, old-fashioned
- ½ cup pepitas, pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup agave
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl combine oats, pepitas, almonds and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix agave, coconut oil (liquid- heat up in microwave for a few seconds), vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour agave mixture over oats.
- Toss and stir oats until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer oat mixture to a lipped baking sheet.
- Back for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until oats are golden brown, nuts are toasted and granola is sweetly fragrant.