Not into banana smoothies? We get it. They can become a bit redundant. Check out this delicious, protein-packed, no-banana smoothie recipe.
I have a lot of people who can’t eat bananas and want a good vegan smoothie. This is a great alternative. It’s flavorful, green and packed with protein. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I am lately.
- Author: Robin Runner
- Category: Smoothie
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla nut based milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2–3 cups of organic baby spinach
- 1 tbl of your favorite nut butter
- 1 scoop of your favorite plant-based vanilla protein like Vega Sport
- 1 tbl of chia seeds
- 1 tbl of raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of crushed ice
- Cacao nibs
- Chia seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Into your blender add all of the ingredients (minus toppings). Blend until creamy. Pour into a big glass and top if desired. Enjoy! This smoothie often goes to work with me and fills me for about 4 hours.
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.