Vegan Pesto is simple to make and bursting with healthy and wholesome ingredients. It’s so good, that your guests won’t be able to tell the difference.
Sometimes in this whole plant-based, vegan or generally “free-from” way of eating, you get replicas of classic dishes that will just NEVER compare. Seeing as the original pesto recipe has lots of cheese in it, I would never have thought a vegan one would match up. Well the good news is, I couldn’t have been more wrong on this one!
Vegan pesto is the shiz! No one even notices the difference, so really there’s no excuse to not make this healthy version. Plus it’s so simple that even newbies in the kitchen can whip it up in no time. All it takes is a few ingredients and your average blender!
I eat mine on some toast, or mixed into pasta!! I definitely suggest making triple amounts and storing in the fridge because you will most certainly be going back for more.
- 2 – 3 bunches fresh basil
- ¼ cup Pine nuts?(or more to taste)
- Extra-virgin olive oil?- to your desire
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast flakes?(or more to taste)
- ½ Garlic clove, or more to taste
- Himalayan Salt (to taste)
- Roughly chop your basil and place half the amount in your blender along with the other ingredients
- Optional (You can lightly toast your pine nuts on the stove before adding them in, this can give more flavour).
- Blend until smooth, but not so it’s left with no texture at all!
- Taste and adjust your seasoning to your desire
- Add your left over basil and extra pine nuts for added texture