To make this a nerve-soother, add a few ounces of your favorite alcohol. Enjoy.
By Bryan Picard
We just discovered a small rhubarb plant growing in the garden. Although it didn’t produce much this year, there was enough to make a batch of this refreshing beverage. As for the mint, it’s everywhere, so if anyone wants a cutting, let me know.
- • 6 cups water
- • 1 cup rhubarb stems, chopped
- • ½ to ¾ cup sugar, to desired sweetness
- • juice of 2 lemons (about 6 tablespoons)
- • a small handful of fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, simmer the rhubarb, sugar, and lemon juice for about 15 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Transfer to a pitcher and blend with a hand mixer.
- Add the water, a few sprigs of mint, and lots of ice.