Paired with a light farmhouse ale, this grilled eggplant dish with a mustard sauce is a perfect summer side.
By Justine Sulia
Grilled Eggplant with Mustard Vinaigrette is the perfect side dish or appetizer recipe to serve at your next picnic! Eggplant is brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and black pepper. It then cooks on a hot grill until charred on both sides. Drizzle with a mustard vinaigrette that contains whole grain mustard, dijon mustard and white wine vinegar. Sprinkle with micro greens for some freshness and the result is a delicious way to highlight a great summer vegetable!
I absolutely love eggplant, and I think it doesn’t get nearly enough love. I know many people who don’t like it, but there are so many ways to prepare it that works! This recipe is one of my favorite ways to prepare it. It’s simply seasoned with salt and black pepper and grilled until charred (I love that char). Drizzled with a perfect mustard vinaigrette because you guys know how obsessed I am with mustard and sprinkled with fresh micro greens, this grilled eggplant salad is a must-make this summer. Make it!
Pair this recipe with a summery and light farmhouse ale. It’s a match made in heaven!
- 2 medium-sized eggplant, top removed and sliced lengthwise
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup micro greens
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-hight heat. Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil on both sides. Season generously with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the whole grain mustard, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard and a dash of salt and black pepper until combined. Whisk in the olive oil until fully incorporated and then stir in the fresh parsley and thyme. Adjust seasoning to taste. Set aside.
- When your grill or grill pan is hot, add the eggplant and grill for about 5 minutes before flipping and grilling for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle the eggplant with the mustard vinaigrette and garnish with fresh micro greens. Enjoy immediately!
I am the writer, publisher and photographer behind Cooking and Beer. Over at Cooking and Beer, I am combining bold and inspirational cooking (and baking) with the best craft beer I can get my hands on!