This recipe is extremely easy. You can substitute the tomato pesto with any other pasta sauce that you like.
By Shuchi Mittal
The crazy eggplant lady is here.
I always end up buying eggplants when I go grocery shopping because they look so appetizing (and also because I am suckerfor the color purple). They are uber tasty in every form, and I don’t think I can ever get enough of them. They have found a home in my home, and guilty as charged, I’m completely hooked.
Last week, there were 2 of them staring at me constantly whenever I took a peek in my fridge. How could I leave them there looking so woeful and on-so-ready to be eaten! So I decided to make something quick and simple from them. The recipe is extremely easy. You can substitute the tomato pesto with any other pasta sauce that you like. Serves well on it’s own as a sort of warm salad, or eat as a side with white sauce bakes. Mmmm…..
- 1 medium eggplant, diced in rounds
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon sun dried tomato pesto
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients above, except the pesto.
- Heat the oven to 425 degree F, and let the eggplant grill for 25-30 minutes.
- Once it’s brown and tender, mix with the pesto and grill again for 10 minutes.
- It's done! Simple isn't it?