Get on that fig grind if you haven’t already! This rich fig smoothie is a great place to start.
I love experimenting with green smoothies. There are so many different options when it comes to add-ins. I typically always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a couple of handfuls of spinach, half to a full frozen banana, and I usually add in a little cucumber and celery too. Beyond that, the possibilities are endless.
The idea to create a green smoothie using frozen figs came about when my friend mentioned finding frozen figs at Trader Joe’s. I was pretty intrigued. I LOVE figs, but I’ve never made a fig smoothie.
I knew a fig smoothie would be tasty, but I had no idea just how delicious it could turn out. The figs give the smoothie a lovely sweetness that almost tastes like cake-batter. Yes, please!
- ¾ cup almond or coconut milk I used almond
- 1-2 large handful s of greens (I used spinach)
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 frozen green figs
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds optional
- nut or seed butter
- Add all ingredients to blender starting with the milk and ending with Chia seeds, if using.
- Seasonings, sweeteners, and seeds are best added at the top of the smoothie, so they are thoroughly combined.
- Blend all ingredients well.
- Pour into an 8 oz glass or cup and enjoy!
- Alternatively, pour into a bowl, add toppings like cereal or granola and eat with a spoon.
Kim is a freelance recipe developer, writer, and the author behind the healthy living blog, Kim’s Cravings. Kim has a passion for sharing nutritious delicious recipes and showing others that eating right can be easy and tasty.