Use fresh or frozen raspberries to make this bright, refreshing sherbet with cashew milk.
Very rarely can my mother find a frozen treat that she can eat as she cannot eat dairy. So I decided to make her a Raspberry Banana Sherbet with cashew milk. She was quite pleased! I did serve it to my boys with a large scoop of vanilla ice and they loved the combination. It would be equally as good with a dollop of whipped cream.
The process is super easy! Throw all of your ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Then pour into your frozen ice cream maker bowl and turn it on. Churn, according to your ice cream maker’s manufacturer instruction.
- 4 cups raspberries, frozen or fresh
- 4 Tbsp. honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar up to 4 Tbsp.
- 2 very ripe bananas I use frozen
- ½ cup cashew milk
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix all ingredients in blender container and blend until smooth. Start with 2 tablespoons of sugar and taste. Sugar will depend on how sweet/ ripe the berries are.
- Place in frozen ice cream maker bowl. Churn for 15 to 20 minutes, according to ice cream maker manufacturer's instruction.
- Freeze at least 2-4 hours until well frozen.