You’ll love the Sunny Honey/Lemon Vinaigrette that goes with the salad; just five simple ingredients thrown together in a glass jar. Cover and shake for a delightfully fresh and delicious dressing, infinitely better than anything you’d buy in a bottle.
By Chris Scheuer
- 2 medium heads hearts of romaine, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro, substitute basil if desired
- 1 small bunch green (spring) onions
- 1 medium mango, peeled, cored and diced
- ½ med avocado, peeled, cored and diced
- ½ medium English (seedless) cucumbers, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 medium bell pepper, core, stem and seeds removed and cut into bite size strips, I like to use a few different colored peppers, enough to equal 1 whole pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup lemon (juice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- generous grind of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Add ¼ cup of vinaigrette, toss to coat. Add more dressing if desired and/or pass extra dressing at the table.