If you find it too thick, add more milk, a little at a time. Stir gently and serve it in small bowls.
By Zita Nagy
I love breakfast time… this is the only time when I try to eat something nutritious and healthy. During the day I mostly eat something quickly and it’s not always the best alternatives of healthy food. To ease my conscience I usually eat a big bowl of salad, 2 pieces of toast spreaded with sunflower or seasame butter for dinner. But back to breakfast… I usually have a big mug of herbal tea, toasts with cashew butter (my new addiction!) and my mom’s homemade sugar-free plum jam or fruits or this oatmeal with different toppings. I love that the almond butter makes it very creamy and silky.
- - 10 tablespoons rolled oats
- - 2 and ½ cups rice milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- - 6 teaspoons maple syrup
- - 4 teaspoons almond butter
- - ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- - 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- - pinch of salt
- In a small pan over medium heat start cooking rolled oats with the rice milk. When milk is almost absorbed and oats are fluffy (5-6 minutes), add maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. After 2 minutes stir in the almond butter. Cook for another 5 minutes until it gets creamy.