It may sound too good to be true (or delicious), but we promise you it is. Here’s how to make vegan, no-churn strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
Summer is coming and we wanted a recipe that can be made without an ice cream machine, is dairy and egg-free and isn’t chocolate. (We love you chocolate, but sometimes we need a break.) Enter this strawberry cheesecake ice cream, made with dairy-free cream cheese and swirled with strawberry jam and graham cracker crumbs.
The secret to this ice cream is the dairy-free cream cheese. We used Kite Hill’s Plain Cream Cheese Style Spread made with almonds to bring the perfect creamy, tangy taste to the ice cream. It’s so, so good! Plus, Kite Hill has some other awesome dairy-free products we can’t get enough of, especially their yogurts and “ricotta”.
Vegan: No-Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 2- 13 oz cans of coconut milk refrigerated (You may also use cream of coconut, but be sure to omit or decrease the sweetener if you do)
- 1- 8 oz container of Kite Hill Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/4 cup date paste of 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbles be sure to use the plain flavor, not honey, so it is vegan
- Refrigerate your cans of coconut milk overnight or for 8 hours.
- Once the fat is set and the liquid is cold. Dump only the fat into a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Mix in the cream cheese spread and date paste or simple syrup. Start with the amount above and taste. Add more sweetener if desired. Remember that the preserves will be swirled in and will add sweetness, so you want to leave the base a little tangy.
- Fold in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Spread half of the mixture into a shallow dish. Swirl in half of the preserves. Repeat with the other half of preserves and mixture.
- Freeze for two hours and check consistency.
- You may want to remove the pan from the freezer 30 minutes before serving so it is not too hard to scoop.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.