PARTNER POST: Check out these easy entertaining tips for all your summer activities complete with charcuterie and pâté. This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Les Trois Petits Cochons.
At your next summer bbq or potluck, serve these easy and delicious roasted tomato and sausage crostini.
Do you love summer!? I’ve been counting down the days because it’s finally here! I used to think fall was my favorite season of the year, but that’s just not the case. Summer is my time. Despite the Texas heat, I love being outdoors and pool days and hiking and biking and cookouts and road trips. I also (most especially?) love all the summer foods that are finally back in season
This recipe is perfect for ?a summer cookout or gathering, especially as an appetizer. I’ve learned its easiest when we’re entertaining to do all finger food. No plates, no knives and forks. Just pick it up and much.
These crostini are bringing in awesome flavors like roasted tomato, fresh basil, plus Les Trois Petits Cochons spicy Dijon and savory chorizo. Les Trois Petits Cochons (it means three little pigs!) offer all kinds of ingredients that are perfect for designing charcuterie platters, like pâté, terrines, sausages and mousses. I like doing crostini because you can mix and match your flavors – plus, they’re hard to mess up!
Roasted Tomato and Sausage CrostiniSarah Mason
- 3-4 large tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- French baguette thickly sliced
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Les Trois Petits Cochons Dijon Mustard
- Les Trois Petits Cochons Chorizo thinly sliced
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the tomato slices evenly around the sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft and visibly shriveled.
- Top each baguette slice with 2 slices of provolone cheese (overlapping the cheese to cover the full area of the bread). Set it the oven to roast for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- ?Spread each crostini with the Les Trois Petits Cochons Dijon mustard. Top with slices of the Les Trois Petits Cochons chorizo. Add on top of that the roasted tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Recipe developer, food photographer and the blogger behind "Drool-Worthy."