An easy pasta recipe perfect for just one on a weeknight with tangy balsamic and pockets of sweet cherry tomatoes and creamy parmesan cheese.
By Jayme and Jessica Kauffman
I love an easy pasta dish that’s perfect for even just one on a busy weeknight. This recipe is a simple rigatoni with cherry tomatoes, garlic, balsamic, basil, and parmesan cheese. It’s basically like heaven in your mouth.
Now I will say this is a pretty generous serving and if you aren’t that hungry you could probably manage to split this with someone else. But I think once you taste it, you’ll agree that you will want to keep it all to yourself! Enjoy!
- 3oz Rigatoni
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 8oz Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ⅛ C. Good Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ C. Parmesan Cheese
- 3-4 Basil leave, torn
- In a pot of boiling water, cook rigatoni about 2 mins shy of the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat up garlic with olive oil on medium heat.
- Once the garlic starts to become fragrant, about 2-3 mins, add in the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
- Saute until the tomatoes have cooked down and the balsamic vinegar has reduced, about 10 mins.
- Add in the cooked pasta with a tbsp of the pasta water. Toss to combine.
- Turn off the heat and add in parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
Twin sisters Jayme and Jessica can pretty much always be found in the kitchen. Cooking has always been a family affair for the girls, and they learned at a young age from their Grandmother the ins and outs of the kitchen. They cook everything from savory to sweet, so check it out at www.pairingknifeblog.com!