For those who love great meals but lack the skills to carry it out or just want something simple and divine, broiled salmon will never fail to please the tastebuds.
By Jessica Dang
As a single working girl I gravitate towards dishes that require minimal prep work and cook time. Growing up, this was the first “fancy” dish I made because it didn’t require much technique yet, when I’d take the broiled salmon out of the oven I’d always feel like an accomplished chef.
- 1 salmon filet
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- A handful of golden grape tomatoes, sliced
- Micro green mix
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz. of butter, melted
- Parsley flakes
- Garlic powder
- Sriracha (optional)
- Start by mixing all of the ingredients under Balsamic Butter Sauce.
- Place the salmon filet on a sheet of foil and roll up the edges. Surround the salmon with the sliced zucchini and golden grape tomatoes.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon and vegetables. Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over everything.
- Enclose the salmon and vegetables with another sheet of foil and place it in the oven.
- Set to broil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Top the finished dish with micro greens to balance out the richness with something light and fresh.