Still struggling with Thanksgiving leftovers? Hopefully not. But if so, try this herbed chicken tray bake and swap it out with turkey.
By Laura Keogh and Ceri Marsh
This dish is simple, easy and a great weeknight dinner idea that would pair well with a quick side dish like pasta or rice.
This article was originally posted as, “Baked Herbed Chicken Tray” on Relish.Print
- Author: Relish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 chicken wings
- 2 boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- 2 boneless (skinless chicken thighs)
- 3 to 4 pounds red potatoes (cut into halves)
- 1 yellow zucchini (sliced)
- 1 green zucchini (sliced)
- 1 red onion (cut into quarters)
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a large rimmed baking tray with cooking spray.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a bowl and pour half the oil mixture on top. Turn chicken to coat well. Marinate 1 to 3 hours in the refrigerator or proceed with recipe.
- Place potatoes, zucchini and onion in a large bowl and pour remaining oil mixture on top. Turn vegetables to coat well. Scatter vegetables and garlic on prepared baking tray. Arrange chicken on tray.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Scatter cherry tomatoes on top of vegetables. Return to oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. Serves 6.
Offering more than 14,000 recipes plus features and DIYs on cooking, dining and entertaining, Relish celebrates America's love of food. Relish is about honoring cooking traditions while exploring new trends and ideas, which is why millions of people turn to both Relish.com and Relish Magazine for special occasion recipes, quick and easy weeknight suppers and culinary adventures.