How to Make Ice Cream Without a Machine
Jules Clancy with some good news. You can make wonderful ice cream at home without an ice cream maker.
By Jules Clancy
Simple Lemon Ice Cream
Ever dreamed of being able to make amazing ice cream at home? Thought about investing in a fancy ice cream machine, but struggled to justify the expense? Well, the good news is you can make wonderful ice cream at home WITHOUT a special ice cream maker.
A few years ago, I spent a lot of money on an ice cream machine. And while we had some good times together, I knew there had to be an easier way to make the luscuious ice cream treats I love so much.
So after much trial and error, I came up with a method for making ice cream, without my machine. It works a treat. So good in fact that I’ve since ditched my bulky machine, and now just make ice cream this way. All you need is a home freezer and a whisk to whip cream. So what are you waiting for?
Lemon Ice Cream
Author: jules clancy
Recipe Type: dessert
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 250g (9oz) icing (powdered or confectioners) sugar
- 300mL (1+1/4cups) whipping cream, approx 35% milk fat
- Combine lemon juice and icing sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a whisk, whip cream until soft peaks just start to form and the cream has thickened slightly.
- Whisk the lemon mixture in with the cream and whisk until the texture is back to the soft peaks.
- Place in a freezer-proof container and freeze for at least 6 hours or until lovely and ice-creamy.
Originally Published: July 8, 2011