This recipe is so good, you’ll be tempted to say “I do” to every bite. But don’t worry, no actual wedding planning is required.
Marry Me Chicken was one of the most Googled recipes of 2022, and no wonder. The dish is lusciously elegant, deliciously rich, and surprisingly easy to make.
If you have 25 minutes to spare, this recipe will come together perfectly for you, and with the vibrant scents and colors of the dish – no one will know how little effort actually went in to making it.
The ingredient list might seem a little daunting at first, but fear not, we’re talking things that you either likely already have at home – or stuff you can get at any local supermarket, ANYWHERE.
We’re talking simple things:
Italian seasoning, or oregano, thyme and basil
Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
See, nothing crazy, nothing you haven’t cooked with before!
Ok, so let’s get going on this dinner – don’t want to keep your guests waiting for something this delicious.Print
Marry Me Chicken
This recipe is so good, you'll be tempted to say "I do" to every bite. But don't worry, no actual wedding planning is required.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Courses
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 jar sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped (7 oz)
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano ((you can substitute Italian Seasoning for the dried herbs, just use 1 1/3 tsp))
- 1/3 tsp dried basil
- 1/3 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust to taste, or omit)
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt over the chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream, chicken stock, bouillon, and 2/3 of grated Parmesan cheese into the skillet.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning (or dried herbs), pepper and half red pepper flakes (optional) into the skillet.
- Stir everything together and bring it to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then return the chicken to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes more.
- Top the chicken with thinly sliced basil leaves, remaining Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes (optional)
Keywords: chicken, creamy, one-skillet, weeknight meal
Kalle Bergman is a food writer and media entrepreneur who is the founder of Honest Cooking and PAIR Magazine. As a food writer, his writing has been regularly featured in publications like Gourmet, Los Angeles Times, Huffington Post and Serious Eats. He is obsessed with simple food, more often than not from his native Scandinavia.