Jules Clancy with some good news. You can make wonderful ice cream at home without an ice cream maker.
By Jules Clancy
Ever dreamed of being able to make amazing ice cream at home? Thought about investing in a fancy ice cream machine, but struggled to justify the expense? Well, the good news is you can make wonderful ice cream at home WITHOUT a special ice cream maker.
A few years ago, I spent a lot of money on an ice cream machine. And while we had some good times together, I knew there had to be an easier way to make the luscuious ice cream treats I love so much.
So after much trial and error, I came up with a method for making ice cream, without my machine. It works a treat. So good in fact that I’ve since ditched my bulky machine, and now just make ice cream this way. All you need is a home freezer and a whisk to whip cream. So what are you waiting for?
Lemon Ice Cream
Feel free to play around with the citrus, lime would be lovely, if a little more expensive. This recipe has quite a lemony tang, if you’d prefer your lemon to be a little more subtle, you could easily reduce the juice down to 1/4 cup.
- Author: jules clancy
- Yield: 2 - 4 1x
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 250g (9oz) icing (powdered or confectioners) sugar
- 300mL (1+1/4cups) whipping cream, approx 35% milk fat
- Combine lemon juice and icing sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a whisk, whip cream until soft peaks just start to form and the cream has thickened slightly.
- Whisk the lemon mixture in with the cream and whisk until the texture is back to the soft peaks.
- Place in a freezer-proof container and freeze for at least 6 hours or until lovely and ice-creamy.
Jules Clancy is a former Food Scientist turned Author and Simplicity Lover. She only writes recipes with 6-ingredients or less. She lives in Australia blogs about 6-Ingredient Dinners over at Stonesoup.
I’ve dreamed of that silky homemade ice cream. But I don’t have an ice cream maker, my kitchen is so tiny and no place for it. Thank you so much for sharing this. I can’t wait to try it.
can you make it without the lemon juice??
is there any icecream u can make without the wiping cream
please tell me if u can
Use coconut cream :)
i want candy floss
Can you make it without whip cream or lemon juice
this is a very good way but i have another easy way to make chocolate ice cream
things you will need
double cream or youghourt plain
ice to fill bowl
1.get your ice and put it in the bowl
2.pour two table spoons of double cream or yoghourt,two table spoon of coco powder and four table spoons of milk into a clear glass cup
3.stir then put glass cup into the bowl of ice
4.add a pinch of salt to the ice and cover the bowl with a damp towel
5. leave for 1 hour then stir
6. leave for 1 mor hour then there you have your very owm chocolate ice cream no mess no freezer no machine all made by you
if you want to find out any more tips feel free to ask me just click reply thank you
I want to make lemon grass I’ve cream how would I do this using this method?
Can I use lime instead of lemon