Honey and molasses provide sweetness and chilies bring the heat in these addictive chicken wings while a unique cooking method keeps them healthier than frying.
By Zerrin Gunaydin
- 1 kilo chicken wing pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 6 chili peppers, optional
- Fresh rosemary leaves, optional
- Wash chicken wings very well and place them in a large skillet. Do not dry the wings.
- Sprinkle salt on them.
- Cover the skillet with its lid and cook the wings over medium low heat for 5-7 minutes. Let them release their juice.
- Turn them over and let the other sides partly cooked when there is still juice inside. Make sure you put the lid back after turning over.
- Cook until a little juice left.
- Bring it to the lowest heat and toss in chili peppers and chili powder.
- Add olive oil over them, cover it and cook turning them over as needed until they are done.
- Take the lid and drizzle pomegranate molasses and honey over the wings.
- Toss in sesame seeds and turn them over every now and then until all wings are coated with the sticky pomegranate&honey sauce and sesame seeds.
- As a final touch, throw some fresh rosemary leaves into the skillet and take it from heat.
- You can serve it with a little extra honey.
Zerrin Gunaydin is a food blogger living in Turkey. She loves to share recipes mainly from Turkish cuisine on her blog Give Recipe. Zerrin is trying to inform people around the world about Turkish cuisine, which has a very large repertoire with its various kind of dishes.