PARTNER POST: Get ready to feed a winter crowd with appetizer recipes paired perfectly with food-friendly Cavit wines.
What’s better than cheese and bread when it comes to an appetizer? Try this crostini with nuts, honey, and pomegranate.
In my opinion, all good apps start with bread and cheese. Am I right? It’s hard to go wrong with a crispy piece of bread, spread with cheese and topped with something nutty and sweet.
Especially this time of year we all need an easy-to- assemble appetizer that everyone will love. Let’s be real though, I could just have these and a glass of wine for dinner and be totally satisfied. These little crostini go perfectly with a glass (or two) of this Select Red Blend by Cavit. This whole scene just looks and feels like the holidays, doesn’t it?
So gather round, pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy this delightful snack!
For another easy holiday appetizer, try these trout bites. Recipe here.Print
- Author: Laney Schwartz
- Yield: 0 Feeds 6 to 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 large french baguette (thinly sliced)
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces goat cheese (slightly softened)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh herbs (I used thyme and rosemary)
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place sliced bread on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip bread over and repeat on the other side. Bake for 7-10 minutes until lightly golden and crisp. Set aside to cool completely.
- While bread bakes, add the goat cheese and herbs to a bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Begin to assemble crostini. Spread some cheese onto each piece of bread. The top with walnuts, pomegranates, and a drizzle of honey!
Laney spends her time being a home cook, mom, wife, workout junkie, and ultra crazy food lover.