Try your hand at these and you’ll find yourself buying shortbread (or making it!) to get your spiced rum balls-on!
By Carolyng Gomes
Stirring and forming these little orbs was all the work required to make these wonderful little globes of scrumptiousness. Try your hand at these and you’ll find yourself buying shortbread (or making it!) to get your spiced rum balls-on!
Enjoy them as I do (all at once)!
- 3 cups shortbread, crushed
- ¾ cup sugar, powdered + ¼ cup
- ½ cup crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup dulce de leche
- ½ cup rum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium bowl combine shortbread, ¾ cup powdered sugar, dulce de leche and cinnamon.
- Stir in rum. Mixture will become both crumbly and sticky.
- Add crispy rice cereal and stir to combine.
- Make ½ tbsp balls and roll in remaining powdered sugar.