This delightful dessert is gluten free and easily vegan-izable. It has only four ingredients: coconut cream, chocolate, salt, and rum!
I should make a habit of writing blog posts right after I finish eating the food I’m talking about. It’s pretty inspiring, let me tell ya. I just enjoyed the most decadent little serving of adult chocolate pudding and my life might never be the same.
And did I mention that it only has four ingredients? Coconut cream, chocolate, salt… and RUM. No one is surprised by that last one.
In our house, desserts are often present, but sometimes it is limiting when you’re a household of two – that amazing cake will be a lot less fun on the 7th day of eating it! So we try to make smaller desserts that we can go through in a couple of days without getting tired of them.
The good news about this dessert is, though, it’s so easy that it’s great for a group of up to six – and great for a small family, as well. These adorable little mousse pots will keep for several days in the fridge when covered in plastic wrap. But they’re so easy, you won’t feel even a hint of regret if your fam (or dinner party) polishes them all off in a few minutes. They’re that easy, and they’re that good!
And best of all – they’re good for so many types of diets. They’re already gluten free. Simply use dairy free chocolate to make them vegan.
I’m just stoked that they turned out so well. There are two servings left in the fridge and I’m working from home tomorrow – let’s see if they make it until dinner time!
- 6 oz. dark chocolate (vegan dark chocolate if you want this to be vegan!)
- 17 oz. coconut cream (one can)
- 1.5 tsp. rum
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- To top: Whipped cream (or coconut), toasted coconut, chocolate shavings
- In a double-boiler, gently melt the chocolate. (You can also heat them in the microwave by melting for 10-15 second intervals, then taking them out to stir. Keep a close eye on it and when it is most of the way melted, just keep stirring to melt the last little chunks). Turn the heat off, and whisk in the coconut cream, rum and salt. Transfer to a heat safe container and chill in the fridge or freezer until cool and thickened.
- Transfer the chocolatey mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer or mix with a hand mixer, whipping on high speed until the color has lightened a few shades and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to small cups or ramekins - this will make 6 4 oz. servings, and then put those ramekins back in the fridge to set up completely.
- Top with whipped cream (regular or coconut), toasted coconut chips and chocolate shavings.