Try this amazing dark chocolate brownie recipe from Robin Runner today.
By Robin Runner
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour (King Arthur)
- ¼ cup of whole wheat flour (King Arthur)
- ⅓ cup of dark cocoa powder
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 3 oz of dark chocolate (chopped)
- 3 tbl of butter
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 2 tablespoon of Chobani (vanilla)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of orange juice (from the orange you zested)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: ¼ dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your spring form (8 inch pan) pan with parchment paper on the bottom and then spray the entire interior with baking spray. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer bowl, sift flours, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Then in a separate bowl melt the dark chocolate chips and butter in the microwave. Mix together when melted. Add to the dry mixture. Then add the sugars and Chobani. Blend. Add the eggs, extract, juice and zest. Blend until incorporated. The mixture will be sticky and thick. Dump into your prepared pan. Try to spread out evenly – it will self-level while baking. Bake for 20 minutes. I undercook a bit to keep the brownie super moist.
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.