With this recipe, you get these cookies, super tasty, crunchy and melt in your mouth.
By Roberta Pipito
I love to incorporate healthy things into my kitchen adventures as much as possible. My husband bought me some flax seeds the other day. I kept thinking “what am I going to make with this that would be different.” I thought muffins at first, but I have seen a lot of people create those. I decided instead to go with a cookie.
- 2 Cups of All purpose flour
- 1 cup of Powdered sugar
- ½ cup of corn starch
- 1 cup of butter, chopped into cubes
- 1 egg yolk, whisked
- 1 Tablespoon of Orange zest
- 3 Tablespoons of Orange Juice (fresh from the orange would be great)
- ½ cup of Flax seed (more or less optional)
- Fig Jam for filling (optional)
- 1 Apple, diced for filling (optional)
- Honey for filling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, powdered sugar, and cornstarch. In a bowl place cubed butter in the flour mix. (Now you can use a food processor to help you do this or you can use your hands as I did). You want the mixture to resemble coarse crumbs. Place the flaxseed in the mix now. In a bowl combine egg yolk, orange zest and orange juice and whisk. Add egg yolk mix to flour mix. Stirring until moistened. Knead the dough in the bowl until it forms a ball.
- On a Baking sheet with parchment paper begin to roll small to medium ball with dough. Once that is done make a little well, like a thumb print in the center of each cookie. Fill them with you desired filling in this case I used fig jam,apples, cinnamon and honey.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until edges start to get golden brown or until edges start to dry up.
Roberta Pipito is a chef, food blogger and wine and beer aficionado. Her work continues to expand in the foodie world, and can be seen on www.homemadedelish.com.