Make ‘em, eat ‘em and share ‘em. There will be plenty to go around.
By Carolyng Gomes
Pretzels are the quintessential crunchy and salty snack. Add some well deserved sweetness and spice and crank out some Cayenne Chocolate Almond Covered Pretzels. Dipped in fresh cayenne dark chocolate and sprinkled with chopped candied almonds, these pretzels have all of the flavors you crave rolled up into one.
- 1¼ cups dark chocolate, chips
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate, chips
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup candied almonds, finely chopped
- Transfer chopped almonds to bowl and set aside.
- Prepare a double-broiler by placing a bowl on top of a sauce pan filled with ¼ inch of water.
- Fill bowl with 1 cup dark chocolate and all semi-sweet chocolate. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and stir chocolate until smooth.
- Add remaining chocolate, cayenne and stir until smooth.
- Dip pretzels so half is submerged in chocolate. Immediately dip pretzel into bowl of chopped almonds.
- On a sheet pan fitted with wax paper place pretzels, one at a time, on sheet. Repeat with remaining pretzels. Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.