If you love potatoes and pomegranate, then do give this Indian aloo anardana salad a try.
By Dassana Amit
This salad is basically made from two ingredients: aloo – potatoes and anardana – pomegranate… spiced with tangy indian spices. The salad is tart in taste due to lemon juice, but also has a sweet taste due to the pomegranate arils.
- 2 medium sized potatoes, boiled and diced
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- a few mint leaves for garnish
- ¼ tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 or 2 tbsp sunflower oil or peanut oil
- black salt or pink salt or regular salt as required
- In a bowl, add the diced potatoes, onion, tomatoes, pomegranate arils, chopped mint leaves and mix gently.
- Mix all the ingredients for dressing.
- Check the the seasoning and add more of the spice powders if required.
- Mix all the spice powders with the lemon juice and oil.
- Pour the dressing in the bowl and mix gently.
- Serve the salad warm or chilled.
- Garnish with mint leaves while serving.
Dassana never intended to start a food blog. She never ever thought about blogging in her wildest of dreams. Her only passion in her life was meditation. As she went deeper in meditation, she realized that her inborn gift of cooking delicious & healthy food needs some creative expression. So she started her blog " Veg Recipes of India " as an outcome of creative flowing energy. Now she has also combined her another gift i.e photography with cooking. When not blogging & food photographing - she works as a web developer and seo expert.