If you love potatoes and pomegranate, then do give this Indian aloo anardana salad a try.
By Dassana Amit
This salad is basically made from two ingredients: aloo – potatoes and anardana – pomegranate… spiced with tangy indian spices. The salad is tart in taste due to lemon juice, but also has a sweet taste due to the pomegranate arils.
- 2 medium sized potatoes, boiled and diced
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- a few mint leaves for garnish
- ¼ tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 or 2 tbsp sunflower oil or peanut oil
- black salt or pink salt or regular salt as required
- In a bowl, add the diced potatoes, onion, tomatoes, pomegranate arils, chopped mint leaves and mix gently.
- Mix all the ingredients for dressing.
- Check the the seasoning and add more of the spice powders if required.
- Mix all the spice powders with the lemon juice and oil.
- Pour the dressing in the bowl and mix gently.
- Serve the salad warm or chilled.
- Garnish with mint leaves while serving.