A power meal of fluffy quinoa, garlic and sage roasted sweet potatoes and avocado.
By Lauren Hardy
This quinoa salad is instant fuel. It’s what I like to call a “power meal.” Between the garlic and sage roasted potatoes, the crumbled goat cheese and the fluffy quinoa, it is warm and satisfying. This recipe requires hardly any prep time. Make sure to put the sweet potatoes in the oven about 10 minutes before you start the quinoa, so they are done at the same time.
Never had quinoa before? The Savvy Vegetarian has more information and tips on how to cook quinoa here.
I usually only make this for myself, but I’ve doubled the recipe to share with you.
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- ½ large sweet potato, cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Combine the sweet potatoes, olive oil, sage and garlic in a medium bowl and toss well until sweet potatoes are evenly coated with the oil and herbs.
- Place in the oven and let roast for 30 minutes. Make sure to toss them every 10 minutes so they don’t burn on one side!
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, cook the quinoa according to the package instructions (it usually takes 15 minutes).
- Divide the quinoa between two bowls and top evenly with the roasted sweet potatoes, avocado pieces and crumbled goat cheese. Serve while the quinoa is still warm.