This flavorful Lime Shrimp is great for beginners in the kitchen, plus it’s healthy and quick – which is what we all want in a dinner, right?
By Lauren Nolan
- olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp (deveined)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 package campari tomatoes
- 2 limes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Dice the jalapeño after you wash and seed it. Mince the garlic and roughly chop the onion.
- Sauté in olive oil over a low heat until the onion has softened.
- Add the roughly chopped tomatoes.
- When they start to break down after a few minutes, add the juice of the limes.
- Then add the shrimp. I like to buy frozen shrimp and prick the tails off once they’ve defrosted. If I’m cooking for a group, I’ll also cut them into bite sized pieces to make serving easier.
- The shrimp only takes a few minutes to cook, and they’re done once they turn pink.
- Add the chopped cilantro and season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Serve with pieces of baguette.