This fragrant coriander pesto makes for a wonderful dressing for shaved zucchini “pasta”. Quick to make, gluten-free, Paleo and no cooking required.
By Martyna Candrick
Zucchini “Pasta” with Coriander and Cashew Pesto
Author: Martyna Candrick
- 2 bunches fresh coriander (about 2 packed cups once chopped)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 red long chilli, seeds removed
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ? cup grated Parmesan cheese (you could use nutritional yeast flakes)
- ½ cup macadamia oil
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- good gring of black pepper
- 4-6 (450g / 1lb) small zucchinis
- ½ cup coriander pesto (see recipe above, or your favourite pesto)
- 2 tbsp pinenuts, toasted
- ¼ cup goat’s feta
- Chop coriander leaves, stems and roots roughly and place in a food processor (or jug if using a stick blender).
- Add garlic and chopped chilli, cashews, Parmesan, oil, salt and pepper. Process until semi-smooth.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for upto 2 weeks. Makes approx 1½ cups.
- Wash zucchinis and trim both ends. Grate, using a julienne grater, lengthways to make “pasta noodles”.
- Place grated zucchini in a bowls and drizzle with dressing. Using your hand, toss the strands to coat with the dressing.
- Divide “pasta” between serving bowls and serve sprinkled with toasted pine nuts and goat’s feta.