This plate combines smoky flavors in the cured salmon with creamy potatoes and shallots for a flavorful winter meal.
By Bryan Picard
Grilled Salmon Potato Salad
Author: Bryan Picard
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 kg (2⅕ pounds) baby potatoes
- 400g (14 ounces) fresh salmon
- 4-5 small shallots, skin on, cut in half
- 125ml (1/2 cup) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes until tender, about 5-8 minutes depending on the size. Drain and leave to cool.
- On a barbecue or grill pan, cook the salmon about 5 minutes on each side, until just cooked. Brush it with maple syrup while it cooks.
- Drizzle the shallots with oil and grill them for about 10 minutes, turning them a few times, until soft. Remove the skin from the shallots and separate each layer.
- In a large bowl mix together the yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic.
- Add the potatoes, chunked up grilled salmon, and shallots. Gently fold together.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with a few greens.