This ultra sweet tart is ideal for a quick dessert and can be served with yogurt for a touch of tartness.
By Trisha Jones
Toffee and Walnut Tart
Author: Trisha Jones
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 125g (4.5 ounces) plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 55g (2 ounces) butter, cubed
- 30 ml (1 oz) cold water
- 250g (9 ounces) caster sugar
- 300ml (10 ounces) whipping cream
- 180g (6.5 ounces) walnuts
- Place the butter, sugar and flower in a bowl and mix thoroughly using your fingertips until it creates a breadcrumb like consistency. Add cold water and bring together as a dough. Cover and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and roll out – I used a long tart tin, but depending on the shape of your tin – roll appropriately to fit. Gently place into the tin and cut the edges to size. Cover and place back in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 190 °C. (375°F)
- Remove from the fridge and using baking beans (or balls) blind bake it for around 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, add the cream and sugar to a pan and heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and then remove immediately from heat. Stir in the walnuts. Pour this mixture into your par-baked tart base. Bake for another 20 – 25 minutes.
- Serve with plain yoghurt