Loaded with mint, blackberry, cucumbers and lemon, this easy wine cocktail is dressed to impress and refresh.
The first official day of summer is just about here! We’re counting down the days and muddling together this wine cocktail in the meantime. This summertime spritz drink is made with Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay and is easy to scale up and serve in a pitcher to a crowd of guests on your patio.
It’s light, refreshing, satisfying and pairs perfectly with food right off the grill. Plus, it uses that fresh mint that is taking over your garden.
The Summertime Spritz Wine Cocktail
- 2 1 ” thick cucumber slices
- 4 blackberries
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 cup Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soda water
- Thinly sliced cucumbers lemons, mint and seasonal fruit for garnish
- Place 1 cucumber slice, 2 blackberries and 4 mint leaves into two 8-10 oz glasses. Muddle using a pestle.
- Add ½ cup of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a handful of ice to each glass.
- Stir using a cocktail spoon for 10 seconds or until drink is cold. Top with soda and continue stirring for 5 more seconds or until combined.
- Garnish with cucumbers, lemons, mint and seasonal fruit of choice.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.