Fill your house with the warm smells of a white wine sangria perfect for fall with apple cider and spices.
This apple sangria is a wonderful treat that smells incredible and goes down way too easily. We think it’s a perfect cocktail to start off the holiday season. It warms your heart and your tummy too.
The incredible aroma of cinnamon, oranges, and warm apple cider filled our house recently, and it made me swoon. It is better than any store-bought candle or incense. I have always loved sangria, and this delicious spiced concoction did not disappoint. The bold flavors of mulled cider combined with white wine is somehow perfect on a cold winter day. It is almost as fun to make as it is to drink.
- ½ gallon apple cider
- 1 bottle white wine we used Pinot Grigio
- 1 orange sliced
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp cloves
- Pour apple cider into a large saucepan.
- Add sliced orange, cloves, and 4 cinnamon sticks (left whole).
- Simmer over low heat for 1 hour (make sure not to let this boil).
- Remove from heat and strain through fine mesh strainer to remove solids.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool (for at least 1 hour or overnight).
- Fill large glass (we like mini pitchers) with ice. Add ¼ bottle of wine.
- Add ¼ portion of mulled cider to the wine.
- Garnish with orange and cinnamon stick.
We met on a warm summer evening. His square jaw and engaging smile reminded me a bit of Clark Kent. We share a passion for life: music, baseball, and especially food. He makes me feel like I can fly. Welcome to our exploration of food, recipes and ideas that celebrates our life together. He creates the recipes and prepares the food, and I am the documentarian. My superman can cook! Check out our site, Superman Cooks.