Home grown tomatoes for home made salsa. This does not get any more flavorful or better.
There is an abundance of tomatoes right from our garden. They’ve provided a great amount of homemade sauce and tomato jam; not to mention their juicy goodness on a salad. Another great option to add to this list is salsa. Instead of just chopping it up and putting it in the blender I went ahead and roasted my ingredients. I had poblano peppers from the garden and added them to the mix. There is nothing like fresh homemade salsa. You can control the salt and spice intake, and it’s so much more refreshing. I ended up with 2 mason jars of homemade salsa. These will store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.Print
- Author: Roberta Pipito
- Category: Appetizer
- 15 to matoes (cut into quarters)
- 1 large onion (cut into quarters)
- 2 large poblano peppers (cut in half)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Crushed red pepper flakes (to taste 1/2 cup evoo)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cilantro
- Add tomatoes, onions and poblanos to a baking sheet and drizzle some evoo and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes set the tomatoes, onions and poblanos aside to cool a bit. Now add them to the blender with the cilantro, garlic, evoo and crushed red pepper flakes. Blend until desired consistency. Enjoy!
Roberta Pipito is a chef, food blogger and wine and beer aficionado. Her work continues to expand in the foodie world, and can be seen on www.homemadedelish.com.